Wowee Zowee! This is my second Liebster Award. I am honored that Joseph, over at The Lonely Pilgrim, has nominated me for this award. Joseph, you are one of the few apologist bloggers I read. I enjoy all of your posts greatly. Even if I do have to wait in inordinate amount of time between posts while you do silly things like go to college, or have a life. Thank you. Maybe someday, some coffee and a talk? I have many readers who are not bloggers. I think some explanation may help. The blogosphere is huge. For many of us the profit is in readers, not money. To actually make money on a blog is rare. My main intent has always been to share my thoughts with others. The more the merrier, in fact. So what this award does with its pingbacks and connections is to pull readers from other blogs over here. Some check it out and stay. Some….well maybe next awards flurry.
The requirements for accepting this award are:
- Post the Liebster award graphic on your site.
- Thank the blogger who nominated the blog for a Liebster Award and link back to their blog.
- The blogger then writes 11 facts about themselves so people who discover their blog through the Liebster post will learn more about them.
- In addition to posting 11 fun facts about themselves, nominated bloggers should also answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
- The nominated blogger will in turn, nominate 9 other blogs with 200 or less followers (We’re guessing for our nominees) for a Liebster award by posting a comment on their blog and linking back to the Liebster post.
- The nominated blogger will create 11 questions for their nominated blogs to answer in their Liebster post.
Sounds easy enough.
Fun Facts about Roy Francis
- I chose Francis of Assisi as my confirmation name. There has never been a stray animal not fed by me. I talk to my animals. Currently 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 3 bettas. I love nature and gardening. I talk to my plants as well. I am not the most humble person though. St. Francis always strove to be more humble. It is something to grow into. If I could preach to birds it would be pretty neat to.
- Growing up I was nominal. Nominal Lutheran, nominal Methodist, nominal Presbyterian. Nominal agnostic, nominal new ager, nominal atheist. That is the entire history of my religious experience until I encountered the Catholic Church.
- I was baptized on May 13, 2002 at Colonial Baptist Church. Not quite nominal, but I didn’t stick around long after.
- Mother Angelica of EWTN is the primary reason I had the strength to walk into the Catholic Church the first time.
- I want to learn Latin.
- Ever heard of band named Stryper? They are my favorite christian rock group of all time. I think this band actually planted the seed, that Mother Angelica watered.
- I am blessed with a job that I look forward to going to ever day.
- I have been on vacation since Holy Thursday. (March 28) I wanted to completely immerse myself in the Triduum, The Divine Mercy Novena, and The Easter Octave. It was a great decision!
- I plan on going to daily mass every day I am off. (I only work 3 days a week.) There is nothing like starting my day with Jesus. It makes me resoundingly happy.
- My best friend is Michael. He is Catholic, and half jewish by ethnicity. He is a chef and cooks kosher and kosher style cuisine. Fun Fact: I am going to have to start exercising, or I am going to blow up!
- On Good Friday of this year, I quit smoking. Its been 11 days. I have prayed daily to God, Jesus, and many saints that I be successful.
Questions from my Nominator
- How long have you been a Christian? How long have you been in the particular faith tradition you’re now in, and was there any journey involved in getting there? I think I answered this with #2! I have been a christian, though a poor example, since May of 2002.
- Do you have a favorite bird? I love parakeets. I want a pair that I can talk to and sing with.
- What kinds of music do you listen to? I listen to everything but rap and country and western. I can tolerate country and western, but it just is not my thing. I love everything else. I can go from Iron Maiden to Yanni to Bach to Vampire Weekend, all in a single day.
- What languages do you know, and how well? Erm…I speak english proficiently. I can also offend people in German, French, Spanish, Tagalog, and Portuguese.
- Who is your favorite super hero, and why? Growing up I loved the Silver Surfer. He surfed on air!
- Do you like breakfast, and if so, what’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Sausage biscuits with cheese! The breakfast of chest painers!
- What’s your favorite book of the Bible, and why? The book of James, because faith without works is dead.
- What about biblical people: Who are your favorite people in the Old and New Testaments, respectively? Job. No matter what he continually praises God. Something I would like to be accused of someday. The penitent thief. In death he expressed Faith. Something else I want to be accused of.
- What Bible translations, revisions, or editions do you prefer? I only have one bible. I can’t even tell you what translation it is! It is a Catholic bible though. It has Baruch, Sirach, Wisdom….
- Coffee, or tea, or both, or neither? I gave up Diet Pepsi when I quit smoking. I like hot tea and iced tea. If I go to Starbucks, I get a 5 pump vanilla, iced caramel macchiato upside down.
- My Tempermant and MBTI:Your temperament is choleric. The choleric temperament is fundamentally ambitious and leader-like. They have a lot of aggression, energy, and/or passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were choleric. They like to be in charge of everything. However, cholerics also tend to be either highly disorganized or highly organized. They do not have in-between setups, only one extreme to another. As well as being leader-like and assertive, cholerics also fall into deep and sudden depression. Essentially, they are very much prone to mood swings.Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is: ISTJ, the “Examiner”
- Introversion: 50%
- Sensing: 75%
- Thinking: 75%
- Judging: 95%
For anyone interested in doing this tests here are the links:
They are fun and interesting. For me it has been interesting because my results on the MBTI have changed. I have always scored as “The Mastermind”. It’s probably good that I have been downgraded. But alas, there is always my Greek temperament to rely on!
11 Questions for my Nominees
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- What are you reading right now?
- If you were given a day to play hooky from work or school, what would you do?
- What is your favorite sense? Touch, sight, smell, hear, taste? How do you treat it?
- Firefly or Farscape? If you can’t answer that, just tell us what your favorite TV show is.
- I feel most connected to God when I __________?
- What are you most grateful for right now?
- Name Five people you want to talk to the moment you see them in Heaven.
- What are some of the questions you would ask them?
- Where do you need more discipline in your life?
- What inspired you to blog? What keeps you blogging?
- Full of Roses Inspirationals– I love this blog. It makes me smile. It engages my senses while seeking God.
- Canadian Hiking Photography- Again, it engages my senses while seeking God.
- A “Literal” approach to God’s word- Refreshing, beautifully crafted. Speaks to my heart.
- Team Orthodoxy– I am hoping maybe with this nomination, they will actually ANSWER the questions. 🙂 This blog has everything I would like my blog to morph into someday.
- The Practicing Catholic- Now that I am catholic, I will probably pay even more attention!
- Evangelical to Catholic- This is a great blog, that I can relate to.
- Life, Christ & Me- Fervent in her love of Christ, I enjoy reading this blog.
- Antonia Rapheal- personal blog- This is a newer blog for me. I appreciate her candor.
- Word of the Vine– This is another recent discovery for me. I am enjoying it.
I would like to say thank you again to Joseph over at The Lonely Pilgrim. I would also like to thank the blogs I nominated. By reading your words, you help fan the flames of inspiration to blog more, and to blog better.