How to Say the Rosary
1. Begin by making the Sign of the Cross with the Crucifix. 2. Say The Apostles’ Creed. 3. Say the Our Father. 4. Say 3 Hail Marys. 5. Say the Glory Be and Fatima Prayer. Announce the first mystery and say the Our Father. 6. Meditate on the first mystery while saying 10 Hail Marys. 7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the second, third, fourth, and fifth mysteries. 8. Say Hail Holy Queen and Let Us Pray. 9. Say the Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel. 10. Say the Memorare. 11. Make the Sign of the Cross with the Crucifix.
* Refer to the diagram above for using the Rosary and its beads. * Refer to the mysteries below for which ones to say and what to meditate on during the Hail Marys.
The Mysteries of the Rosary
The Five Joyful Mysteries – Mondays and Saturdays
1. The Annunciation – The Angel Gabriel tells Mary that she is to be the Mother of God. 2. The Visitation – The Blessed Virgin pays a visit to her cousin Elizabeth. 3. The Nativity – The Infant Jesus is born in a stable at Bethlehem. 4. The Presentation – The Blessed Virgin presents the Child Jesus to Simeon in the temple. 5. The Finding in the Temple – Jesus is lost for three days, and the Blessed Mother finds him in the Temple.
The Five Luminous Mysteries/Mysteries of Light – Thursdays
1. The Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan 2. The Self Manifestation of Jesus at the Wedding Feast of Cana 3. The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God accompanied with the Call to Conversion 4. The Transfiguration 5. The Institution of the Eucharist as the Sacramental Expression of the Pascal Mystery
The Five Sorrowful Mysteries – Tuesdays and Fridays
1. The Agony in the Garden – Jesus prays in the Garden of Olives and drops of blood break through his skin. 2. The Scourging at the Pillar – Jesus is tied to a pillar and cruelly beaten with whips. 3. The Crowning with Thorns – A crown of thorns is placed upon Jesus’ head. 4. The Carrying of the Cross – Jesus is made to carry his cross to Calvary. 5. The Crucifixion – Jesus is nailed to the cross, and dies for our sins.
The Five Glorious Mysteries – Wednesdays and Sundays
1. The Resurrection – Jesus rises from the dead, three days after his death. 2. The Ascension – Forty days after his death, Jesus ascends into heaven. 3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit – Ten days after the ascension, the Holy Spirit comes to the apostles and the Blessed Mother in the form of fiery tongues. 4. The Assumption – The Blessed Virgin dies and is assumed into heaven. 5. The Crowning of the Blessed Virgin – The Blessed Virgin is crowned Queen of Heaven and Earth by Jesus, her son.
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
The Our Father
Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
The Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
The Fatima Prayer
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy.
Hail Holy Queen
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.
Let Us Pray
“O God whose only begotten Son has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, Grant that we beseech Thee while meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may both imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord, Amen.
St. Michael the Archangel Prayer
Saint Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, We fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins my Mother; to thee do we come, before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful; O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer them. Amen.